Biblical References: Acts 20:28-32; I Timothy 3:1-7; I Timothy 5:17; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4
Ministry Purpose: The minister is responsible for overseeing the worship ministry of the church and its current multi-generational nature. This person will strive to lead in congregational worship gatherings as well as discipling members to understand worship as a lifestyle and have a Pastor’s heart for the Church, Scripture, and Worship. And, he will evidence a shepherding heart for the Church, the Word, and worship.
Employee Classification: Part-Time Minister (10 – 20 hours)
Supervisor(s): Lead Pastor – Worship Service Details
Associate Pastor – Administrative Details
Spiritual and Personal Qualifications:
- Meet the qualifications of a spiritual leader, demonstrate a deep commitment to Christ and possess a lifestyle that is consistent with this calling.
- Fully embrace, without mental reservation, the doctrinal and theological beliefs expressed in the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message and the Constitution and By-Laws of Cedar Creek Baptist Church.
- Have a track record of active involvement in a local Body of believers of like faith and message.
- Have a history of being a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate, familiar with music/worship programs.
- Media literate and able to work with the Tech Team in using technology to enhance worship.
Vision, Leadership, and (Pastoral) Responsibilities:
- Joins with pastors and ministry leaders to learn the temperament of CCBC in order to provide direction, strategy, and vision for an ongoing church-wide worship ministry.
- Serve as worship leader working with the Lead Pastor on a weekly basis related to worship planning for regularly scheduled worship activities.
- Provide direction and vision for an ongoing church-wide worship ministry.
- Recruit and equip appropriately gifted people for participation in all facets of the worship ministry. This includes technical support and being responsible for all necessary communication to ministry participants (worship teams, choir, etc.).
- Plan and implement special worship and outreach events in coordination with the overall ministry objectives of the church.
- Plan for, submit, and oversee the annual budget related to worship and tech ministries.
- Participate in staff meetings, annual planning meetings, and other special meetings as required.
- Frequently participate in and visibly support church-wide efforts in fulfilling the requirements of the Great Commission.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Choir experience
- Piano, guitar, and/or other instrumental abilities
- Tech experience supporting audio/visual equipment
- Biblical counseling experience
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience and agreed upon part-time schedule